My wife and I purchased a home within Carolina Arbors - a Dell Webb Community in Durham, NC. Sadly, our expectation of the retirement community has never been met.
1. Our $270,000 cookie cutter house was built for the most part by illegals working for subcontractors in Durham, NC.
2. Pulte experienced multiple delays in the building of the Activity Center. It was completed 8 months following the estimated date of completion.
3. The main fountain at the front entrance is only half working. Pulte managed to negotiate a contract for the fountain with an outfit that went bankrupt. The fountain has never worked more than two weeks to anyone's satisfaction. After only two years - it is only half working and Pulte is not taking any ownership. Although, Pulte shows the fountains working on the Carolina Arbors website.
4. Pulte installed poor gutters on the roofs of resident houses. They are small and create runoff which subsequently lead to washing away mulch.
5. Speaking of mulch, Pulte purchased inferior mulch from Yardnique and the result has been many residents have multiple spots on their houses due to the contaminated mulch. Pulte refuses to take responsibility and has arranged for Yardnique to remove the BAD mulch for $250 at the OWNERS expense.
The above issues are just a sample of what is to be expected at Dell Webb - Carolina Arbors. A real shoddy operation where folks receive kickbacks and in general, their is collusion in regards to taking advantage of folks 55 and over.
Product or Service Mentioned: Del Webb House Construction.
Reason of review: Not as described.
Preferred solution: Just get it right! Quit taking advantage of our residents..
I liked: Neighbors, Floor plan.
I didn't like: Lack of responsiveness, Failure to correct common ground issues, Hoa - unwillingness to help, Bad mulch used, Undocumented workers, Lack of quality.